Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Motivating Monday Montage (MMM)

-No school!

-Lots of new snow!

-Today is my Mom's birthday! Remember those free skiing passes I won from the Health Fair? Well, my Mom and I made use of them for her birthday (she loves to ski and I thought she would like to have a free ski-day...even though she spent the whole day teaching me on the super easy runs. I love my Mom!!)

-We rented skis and the rental guys were fantastic! They explained many technical things about our boots and skis to help us better understand and to help us get the best out of our ski-day. They even gave Mom an extra discount being her birthday. I love nice people!

-It was a wonderful day to go skiing! (My second time skiing, I have snowboarded only a couple times more, so I am pretty beginner) The snow was falling off and on in the canyons and it was beautiful and sunny in the valley when we headed home. Every time we came down a run there would be a layer of new snow, the snowcats couldn't keep up! It was a little bumpy, and when I got up the courage to go fast enough I was catching a little air off of said bumps. So fun, and I didn't fall (although I had a few close calls)!

-We decided to go up one of the smaller chairlifts (a two-seater with a pole in the middle to separate the two seats) and as I had gotten a hang of getting on and off of the other lifts I thought I was safe. I stumbled up to the "wait here to be seated" line (I am not so graceful when it comes to walking on skis) and tried to keep from sliding away. "Look to the middle!" Mom warned me. I obediently turned my head and "BONG" went the pole on the incoming chair as it collided mercilessly with the side of my face. In a daze I managed to board the lift. I later learned that my Mom had heard my "Bong" encounter, but didn't know it was my head. The lift operator must have held in his laughter until we were out of earshot, and just imagining the scene over makes me giggle. (but then whenever I imagine myself the scenes are always cartoonistic in action which makes me giggle in and of itself)

-Another time on the nicer chairlift we met an extremely nice lift-buddy (this lift was a three-seater) who rode up with us. He told us of how he comes here to ski in the winters from practically across the country and how he had skied almost every day of the skiing season . He had a really genteel and kind spirit about him and I was glad to have shared our seat with him. My day was happier because of his unrestrained and open friendliness.

-I got to spend the whole day with my Mom! We had so much fun together and I look up to her so much. I am lucky to have her. I wish everyone could have a mother like mine. :)

-The BandNeeek

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Boo! Check it out:

http://spewingblargh.blogspot.com/