Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Week's Worth

So. This week had been a happy week. That is what I have decided. Let's start from where I left you...Monday? Yes, that'll work. Monday it is! (Warning: This is a rambling and non-centralized post! Read at your own risk of becoming bored and/or lost in silly little stories)

MONDAY

Sunny weather and unseasonably warm. Learned about the geography of Germany in my German class, and how cows live in the fields/pastures in the agricultural areas of Germany. I remember the silly things my friends and I would come up with in our Jr.High and High school german classes, most of which included a dead cow head (hurray for making use of our very limited vocabulary!). Fun times.

In my Calculus class we took notes on calculus concepts (all of which are still review for me, as I took the class in high school, but review is good). Oft times my mind wanders when taking notes on things that I already understand confidently. It started when we began "Decomposing Functions" at the beginning of class. My imagination immediately bounded off in tangential angles, leaving my eyes and hand to finish taking notes from the board. I will let your imagination roam from there as I have just deleted my sorry attempt at explaining my own random thought processes...I am sure you would have been quite lost.

In the evening I found out that my Seester (sister) is getting married! My Seester!! I am so excited and happy for her!! (as well as still in denial, I can't believe it! It is so cool!!)

TUESDAY

Today was also quite warmer than February is supposed to be (around 50 degrees), in fact I think it is the warmest it has been all year! Cool! I rolled down my windows on the way home and thought about marching band practice when I passed our practice field (the girl's soccer team was out practicing on the 'plowed' (?) field...I didn't know they plowed astro-real turf...).

Switched some seating placements in band. Now the first players are on the inside/in the middle while the thirds are on the outside (for flutes and clarinets anyway). Wonder if/how long that will last, but it is very interesting to hear the band from a different place. Neat stuff, acoustics.

I have been having to park in farther-away-parking-lot, which involves crossing one of the busier roads on campus instead of my happy parking lot which is right close to the "Band" building. I don't mind walking the extra bit, but sometimes it takes a little while to be able to cross the road when there are alot of cars going by. I wait patiently, a couple minutes won't kill me. Car, car, car, GAP!!...oh wait, car from the other way (should I call it "rac" if it is coming from the "other way?" -teehee-). Car, car, rac, rac, rac...Gap...wait, make sure it is a real gap...nope another rac was hiding...car car...Gap....still gap... speed walk across the street, head bouncing left, right, left, right with every step. (I don't want to end up as a smear in the asphalt)

Today, on my way back to my car after all of my classes, I stood and waited. Only a couple seconds passed and the cars that were coming (one in each direction of the three way intersection) slowed and stopped. I must've looked confusedly at the nearest car who waved me across the street. I smiled and I think (I hope) I waved back and said (or mouthed) thank you. I love when people are so kind and unselfish! It makes me happy.

WEDNESDAY

I saw and gave a happy "Hi" to a fellow marching band-er that I haven't seen since around marching band times last semester (said person isn't in Band-band), and received a happy "Hi" back. Ah, the joys of being easily made happy.

After school I got my oil changed (finally!) and felt so silly at my not knowing that you are supposed to drive your car up to the garage and wait there for an attendant rather than park and wander up looking for an attendant. All well. I am sure they will have a good giggle about my ignorance of "the system" of such places/things as I am. I like being able to laugh at myself, I get entertainment wherever I go!

REST OF THE WEEK

It was my brother's birthday on Thursday (I wished him a happy birthday in which he replied that I was his favorite BandNeeek, and I in return replied I was the only BandNeeek he knew...I love having a unique name : D), and on Friday we had sort of a family birthday party for him. I love my family functions. We have lots of fun together, plus I got to see my Seester (the one who is now engaged!!! I am still so happy and excited for her!).

I also got to play at a couple girls basketball games (Pep Band) and found out that the girls, even though they are doing just about as well as their male counterparts in basketball land, their games are vastly less attended. I am glad we were there to play, it was fun and I love to play.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Stay safe and smile your face off!

--The BandNeeek

No comments: