Thursday, February 1, 2007

Happy Snow!

The weather has finally brought me snow again and with it, however scanty it may be, fresh clean air, blue skies, and a little warmth. Most of it ends up melting by the later afternoon (well, at least that has been the case for the not quite 1-2 inches we have received the past couple days), but I am so glad it is back! I was starting to think that my reeds (especially my 'best' reed, which has a sad little notch out of the tip) were just starting to go the way of old reeds; they weren't playing, or "speaking," as reliably, and they were very resistant to producing the nice warm tone that they had been doing. I thought it was long past time to replace them, but hadn't (still haven't) done it yet.

Yesterday I had another surprise with the snow and clear air, I could breathe again! I didn't quite realize it until I played on my same silly, chipped reed in band. It sounded warm, woody, and just as pretty as it had before! I am so happy that my reeds haven't quite kicked the bucket yet! They can be on the expensive side of things when one is a (presently) job-less student.

Since my last post I have been paying more attention to when and why I get out of breath during the day. I know I am just being obsessive, I think its a phase that I will grow out of in a couple/few weeks, but for now I will just continue my silly unwritten records and telling you all about them. I am sure you find them all sorts of interesting. I sure find it interesting when I find I only have to walk the length of a building, or 2-3 flights of stairs before I can no longer get enough air by just breathing through my nose.

I hope you are all having a wonderful February so far! Don't forget to smile at strangers as you pass by, you may not only get a silly look full of confusion back, but you may brighten someone's day for a moment. Best Wishes!

-The Band Neeek

No comments: