Monday, February 12, 2007

Motivating Monday Montage

This is a new category of posts where I will list things that happened throughout the day that made me smile. I find so many Monday Blues that I decided it needed to be done away with or at least alleviated a little. I hope my silliness will help someone smile through their slow Monday!

-While walking to the Math building I saw a boy who held the door open for not just one person behind him, but the whole gaggle of bumbling math students before he finally left his doorpost.

-The sun came out and was warm on my face when the breeze didn't blow (it is a balmy 43 or so degrees today!).

-I walked with one of my fellow Clarineters to Band (I don't often walk with people between classes...just me and my silly, tangential thoughts, legs walking on autopilot) and talked about our good weekends, our concert on Wednesday, and Clarineter-ish stuff.

-A few of us Clarineters came to a consensus that whenever randomly asked to play (the clarinet) alone during (band) class it is inevitable that your reed will revolt against you, or your clarinet simply decide to be out of tune, but as soon as you go back to playing as an ensemble it goes right back to being in tune and sounding pretty (as opposed to gurgly, airy, sharp, congested, or painful). We laughed about it all.

-Even though my reed sounded not so happy at me when asked to play in aforesaid circumstances both my section leader and band director told me it sounded good. (Although I secretly giggle and think they took my wobbly sounding reed for nervousness)

-I turned in some of my "Band Tour" release forms. (even though I got the strange feeling I was signing away my life's fortune, or first born (kitty/clarinet/saxophone) after reading through them)

-I tripped over my feet when attempting to approach the stairs in the stairwell. A girl behind me and I laughed about how when such things happen when we are alone we don't mind because we already know we are idiots, but that trippings, slippings, and dramatic headlong tumbles often happen while other are watching (in which case I laugh harder)...more on adventures on stairs to come soon, I will devote I whole post to it. :)

-Upon returning to my car this afternoon I found a lovely little coupon for a free medium pizza at Local Pizza Place! Yay free dinner for the BandNeeek at her long-ish dress rehearsal tomorrow night!

-I kidnapped an apple and a grapefruit from my home-home yesterday for my lunchtime munchies this week. Today? Apple+Peanut Butter = So yummy for my tummy!

I hope you have all had a happy Monday! Leave some comments about some of your motivating (or not so much) Monday scenes, I would love to hear from you!

--The BandNeeek

No comments: