Friday, January 12, 2007

Happy First Week of the New Semester!

I made it through the first week of the new semester, YAY! Really, it wasn't too bad, in fact it was pretty stinkin' good! And now, whether you want it or not, I will proceed to tell you about it, because it makes me happy. Of the two threatened auditions (each for placement in different bands I am in) only one of them ended up being required, which is awesome seeing as auditions are far from my favorite thing in the world. Ironic seeing as band is up at the top of my favorite things list. Surely a band-hater wouldn't have soundtracks to their dreams, especially if said soundtrack included in-dream compositions, various band songs, and any other random song. I love it.

I got a reply from one of my local fire departments about possibly participating in a ride-along (which I have been wanting to do for some time to see whether wanting to be a Paramedic/Fire(wo)man is just a stage or something that I really want to do). That e-mail made my day, I am so excited! All I have to do now is call them back...I hate the phone. I love the freedom of time and editing abilities that writing allow. My thinking is slower on my feet and I often reflect to previous conversations I've had and fuss about things I should have rephrased or things I should/shouldn't have added. Perhaps I just need more practice getting out of my shy comfort-bubble and talking with people.

I attended a Health Fair over the past weekend with one of my best friends and, naturally, we had a blast! We got tons of anti-oxidant/energizing/health drink samples, lots of interesting information, a free (albeit short) massage, and entered into many drawings for fun prizes. By the end of the day we were on a healthy buzz of sorts and bouncing off the walls. I got a call earlier this week informing me that I had won one such drawing for two ski/snowboard passes. Awesome! Now I just need to get over my fear of going off the bunny hills... I have been on "real" runs, I just have a thing for the bunny hill. : ) Maybe some day I will grow out of it.

I have played in three Pep Band games, Basketball games for those of you more sport-watching oriented, in the past week. Pep Band is fun (although I have to admit Marching Band is more fun. Can't wait for Marching Band season!!). I get to play, I get to feel special by getting into sports functions with my instrument as a ticket, I get more band T-shirts, I get to play, I get to hang out with my band family, occasionally (like last weekend) I get really good half-off-of-real-tasty-Italian-fast-food coupons, and I get to play!

I have successfully avoided the on campus bookstore and only have one more book to track down and buy. Yay for finding cheaper used textbooks!

It snowed about six inches this past week! I love the snow. There is something about the way it makes everything so white, pure, and softens otherwise harsh edges. I love the way snowflakes fall so softly and gently. I love the taste. I love to be out shoveling the walks. I love having snowflakes stick to my hair and eyelashes. I love to be the first to walk/drive outside and see the flawless blanket of white over the world. I love the way the snow sets on the trees around walkways and roads weighing down overhanging branches. The snow just makes me happy.

Well, I think I have done enough rambling for now. (and I can't think of anything else of interest that I have done this week) Stay safe and have a happy day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was your best friend!