Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oh Snap!

Today was just one of those days. You know. When you've been under a little bit of stress for a while and haven't done much other than homework and attending classes. I think a person's psyche can only handle so much of that, snapping is inevitable. I snapped today in band. Someone did something goofy that only warranted a chuckle at most. My psyche snapped. I couldn't stop laughing no matter how I tried (when I would stop for a second, my awesome bass clarinet friend would still be laughing and get me laughing again, then I would get her laughing again...what a vicious cycle.). I must have been on the verge of turning purple for trying to keep my incessant giggling silent I think it must be yet another sign of my need for a padded room.

I remember another inconvenient time that I snapped. I was in a spiritual Sunday School-Relief Society lesson not terribly long after a slue of AP tests and school finals and a sweet sweet lady's tummy rumbled and my tummy squealed in answer, and my mother's and a couple other lady's tummies grumbled and squeaked in reply. It was like a gastrointestinal choir. Something inside my mind snapped, I tried my hardest to stop laughing, but I ended up having to get up and leave the room. I was sitting on the first or second row.

I am glad that Bass Clarinet parts tend to have more rests because it took me a while, all of my focusing abilities, and lots of tongue biting to regain any semblance of composure.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hehe! I've had many snaps. Joe and I had a lot of them while we were on our bike trip. The silliest things would make us laugh and laugh. It's funny how mental and physical exhaustion will manifest itself, isn't it?

Ashley said...

Haha I love when you snap! Its great. :) It reminds me of this one episode of Coupling, I don't know if you've heard of this British show on BBC, I love it. The character, Jeff explains what a "Giggle Loop" is and its hilarious. I'm going to post the video on my blog so you can see it, it won't let me post it here.